Order processing time varies from 2 to 3 business days.
Biography (1906-1990, Russia) Soviet painter. People's Artist of the RSFSR (1968). People's Artist of the USSR (1976). Winner of the Stalin Prize, 2nd degree (1947). Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1956). Studied at the Higher Art and Technical Institute in Moscow with Pavel Kuznetsov, Vladimir Favorsky and Nikolai Chernyshev. (1924-1930). Member of the Youth League of the Artists of Revolutionary Russia (1928–1929) and the Association of Artists of the Revolution (1929–1931). His works are devoted mainly to life in a collective farm village. Participated in exhibitions from 1928 onwards (Moscow). In 1935, he achieved fame in Europe and throughout the Soviet Union with his painting To the Mothers for Feeding. Gold medal at the World Exhibition in Paris (1937). Took part in monumental decorative works (the painting of the Proletariat Factory club in Moscow in 1930, the panel Noble People of the Land of Soviets for the Soviet pavilion at the World Exhibition in New York in 1939). Author of the book Monumental Painting, Past and Present (Moscow, 1931). Taught at art schools in Moscow. His works are featured in many museums, including the Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, the Kiev National Museum of Russian Art, and can also be found in private collections. He took part in exhibitions from 1928 onwards. Member of the Youth League of the Artists of Revolutionary Russia (1928–1929), the Association of Artists of the Revolution (1929–1931), the Russian Association of Proletarian Artists (1931–1932), and the Artists' Union of the USSR (from 1932). Took part in the following exhibitions: 'The Life and Living Conditions of Children of the Soviet Union' (1929), 'Anti-Imperialist Exhibition Dedicated to International Red Day' and 'The Art of the Third, Decisive Year of the Five-Year Plan' (both in 1931), 'Fifteen Years of the Red Army' (1933), 'Artists of the RSFSR over the last 15 years' (1933–1994), All-Union art exhibitions (1939, 'The Industry of Socialism'; 1947, 1949, 1950, 1957, 1961), an exhibition of Moscow artists during the Great Patriotic War (1942), 'The Great Patriotic War' (1943), 'Soviet Russia' (1960) in Moscow, and others.